Whether you're hosting friends and family for the Thanksgiving holiday or you simply want to enjoy more of the beauty of the season, you want your home to look its best for the Thanksgiving holiday. Sometimes, however, you may find yourself wondering where to start. While your decorating style may vary, there are plenty of great ideas to give your home a little holiday flair.
Create a Great Centerpiece
Since the Thanksgiving meal is such a critical part of the way you'll spend your day, make sure you're highlighting your table! A great centerpiece can add beauty to your table. Try some of these ideas.
- Use a gourd. Pumpkins and squash are some of the best foods of the season, and they'll add a pop of color to your table that is sure to delight. Fill a gourd with some of your favorite fall foliage in this simple tutorial.
- Try some candles. As fall's chill fills the air, candles add a hint of warmth. This fun design uses little squash as the base for the candles, adding that extra fall flair.
- Display a mason jar bouquet. What could better express the bounty of the season than including some of the season's best colors in a simple, rustic mason jar?
- Add a touch of whimsy with candy corn. Have candy corn left over from Halloween? This great fall candy will add a pop of color to your table and bring a smile to your guests' face as you add this fun printable admonition to give thanks.
Hang a Wreath
Whether you want to hang a wreath on the outside of your door to welcome people to your home or rather hang it on the inside where you can enjoy it, a fall wreath will help bring a bright pop of fall color to your home. These great designs are sure to impress your guests and bring a smile to your face each time you walk through the door.
- Make an Indian corn wreath. This colorful wreath is the perfect choice that will last throughout the entire fall season.
- Use those pumpkins. Little pumpkins bring a smile to your face each time you walk into the store. You can put them to great use in this fun pumpkin wreath.
- Try a fall berry wreath. This beautiful creation will brighten your door and help guests feel more welcome when they enter your home.
Your Thanksgiving decor doesn't have to stop at your table or your door. These gorgeous decorating ideas will have you eagerly bringing in the best colors of fall to fill your home.
- Set up a leaf mobile. Hang this beautiful leaf mobile on your wall to increase your enjoyment of the fabulous fall colors outside.
- Hang a pie garland. Want a fun project that will remind you of some of your favorite Thanksgiving treats? This pie garland will be sure to inspire smiles in your guests.
- Deck the mailbox. A little burlap and some pumpkins will add fall fun to your outdoor decor.
- Break out the Christmas lights. Use those beautiful white lights to create a soft glow in a basket filled with leaves, pumpkins, and other forms of fall beauty.
Whether you're ready to dive in and bring out your crafty side or you prefer to purchase ready-made centerpieces and wreathes, fall offers plenty of great opportunities to use bright, colorful decor throughout your home. This Thanksgiving, bring a little of that fall spirit indoors and surround yourself with all of the beautiful colors that the season has to offer. It will help you create a warm, welcoming environment that will be sure to inspire smiles in you and your guests.