Being in Middle School can be very interesting, and well... weird, especially when you are new. Although that is true, change can be good. Change will help you discover things about yourself that you never knew. Looking back on my years in Middle School, I noticed that I made some mistakes, but each obstacle, good or bad, helped shape me into the person that I am today. In fact, I appreciate these mistakes because I've learned and grew from them, which allows me to give great advice to people like you! Here are my Top 10 Tips to Surviving Middle School:
- It is important to be comfortable with yourself. Don’t be afraid to be who you are.
- Get involved with the school community.
- Take advantage of the great teachers and other resources that Sewickley Academy has equipped you with as you start your journey of being an adolescent.
- Enjoy your time as a kid and do things you never thought about, because when you go to Senior School it's mostly all work with a little bit of play.
- Don’t be afraid to stand alone.
- For ethnic girls like me, don’t be afraid to rock your Afro or braids… your hair is BEAUTIFUL!
- Make friendships, but understand that it’s okay to lose some friends along the way.
- Know that with every lesson there is a blessing in disguise.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Contrary to popular belief, grades do matter in Middle School.
- Start practicing good study habits so that your transition to the Senor School will be smooth.
I hope that these tips will help you!